netgalley

100 Book Reviews

Friday, January 17, 2020

Book Review - Death by Seance by JoAnn Carson


Death by Séance by Jo-Ann Carson
I rated this book 3/5 Stars

Death by Séance is the third book in the A Ghost and Abby mystery series. It can be read as a standalone.

I was not familiar with this series prior to reading this book, but I had no issues jumping right in, getting to know Abby. Abby is a single mother who is a part time private investigator and a night janitor for a haunted tea room. Abby is newly discovering her abilities in witchcraft and a handsome male witch named Dante has taken her under his wing. Abby loves a Viking ghost named Eric. I enjoyed that this book used quotes from Harry Potter and Buffy the Vampire Slayer as openings to the chapters.

In this story, Abby is tasked with finding out who murdered the main vampire in town's right hand day man. I enjoyed the paranormal aspect of this story and I thought it was resolved in a great manner. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to like the ghost boyfriend Eric, because really I'm cheering for Abby to connect with her mentor Dante. All in all, this was a fun paranormal cozy mystery. I would recommend to anyone looking for a light read.

No comments:

Post a Comment